A lupus survivor's cerebrations on living day to day...

    follow me on Twitter

    Fever and Anxiety Back! Home Health Comes to Rescue

    I barely made it up the stairs to the security of my bed before I gave in to paralysis and another "seizurific" evening began. Pushing myself to the max mentally and physically all week gave opportunity for another urinary tract infection. Cramps, chills and sweat ... Me to get up at 4 am to discover 101 degree fever, my 4th over past few months. Good sense says . Azo tablets, cranberries and water aren't enough you must go to doctor this time for an antibiotic. A sickening weight of anxiety attack was creeping upon me as I strained to construct each step necessary in pursuit of prescription. My brain was still malfunctioning unable to think or talk or move. I would have to get through navigating menus and holding for assistance in series of phone calls. First beg my Internist's office to work in an appointment on short notice. Next hope the Insurance will overlook the 3 day notice required to cover medical transportation cost. Last of all hope MatAplus has opening left for pickup tomorrow. Worst of all would be the long wait at doctors office. then i began to worry about yesterday's unexpected $55 copay. I was so disconbobulated when I left office that was feeling totally unsure of what i was to do next appointment. What was it for? Can i afford it? Was i supposed to call insurance or the neurologist first. I had that familiar but frightening blankness. With my neurology off and "balloon head" aura upon me, i couldn't think out anything this morning. I lay in bed stuck, lost and overwhelmed by all my unfiltered thoughts tiny and great until my PT rang the doorbell breaking my "spell." Thank God, she saved my day, having nurse come to my home for urinalysis, saving me calls and trip to doctor. A walk and talk with PT help give me enough sense to postpone next tuesday's neuropsychiatrist appointment until after an appointment with my medical couselor/ psychologist.

    0 comments:

     

    eXTReMe Tracker